To celebrate NINE years of blogging, I am having a rare blog giveaway. But we will get to that later…
2010 was a long time ago. Guess was was brand new in 2010?
- iPads were released
- Angry Birds was the favorite app
- Justin Bieber was huge
- Obamacare was passed
- The recession was in full swing
- Temples announced for Payson, Hartford, Indianapolis, Tijuana, Philippines and Lisbon.
- Provo Tabernacle burned down
- “Lost” ended with a whimper
- People annoyed the world playing vuvuzelas at the World Cup in South Africa
You get the idea – it seems like a long time ago.
Personally, a lot has happened since then:
- We went from 4 kids living at home to 1.
- Married off four of our five kids, adding 4 bonus children (in-laws) to the ranks.
- Added three grandchildren to the family.
- Got released as bishop.
- Sent three sons on missions.
- Began the anonymous Middleaged Mormon Man blog.
- Came out publicly. (I need to find a different way to say that.)
- Changed it to “Thus We See” to be less “Mormon.”
- Wrote over a million words.
- Published three books.
- Lived a lot of life with all its ups and downs.
But if you have followed this blog, you know about most of that. The point is simply that nine years seems like a freaking long time ago. Many of you have been with me from the very start – and you are still here. That amazes me. I never imagined that my little anonymous project would still be plugging along.
I have met a lot of you, and conversed and bantered with many of you enough online to feel like we’ve met. I appreciate your readership, insight and friendship.
I also did not anticipate that writing this blog would open doors to stuff like being hacked, website crashes, angry emails and typos. Lots and lots of typos.
Thankfully, to offset that part of the deal, I’ve made new friends, embraced “writing” as something I do, participated in writing conferences as a student and teacher, and forced myself to think deep thoughts on a regular basis, and learn new things so that I could share them with you, and had a lot of fun.
Which brings us to the GIVEAWAY.
As a thank you for your loyal readership and friendship, I am giving away something so precious that I’m sure you will covet it, much as others have.
Yes, calm down. Take a breath. It is true. You can win your very own GASSY BEAR. I know, generous beyond reason.
In addition, for those of you who might already have your very own Gassy Bear, I will throw in a copy of my latest book, “There’s a Message OUT There Somewhere.”
(I have a limited copies still available for Christmas, but you’d better hurry as it is December 6th already. They make an excellent gift for that hard to shop for man in your life.)
You are probably asking yourself, “Self? What do I have to do to win such stunning prizes?” Two things:
- Leave a comment here or on Facebook. (Hopefully a NICE comment, but that is not mandatory)
- Share the link from here or Facebook.
That’s it. Ridiculously easy, even for U of U grads.
Thanks to you for your friendship and spending time reading my stuff. I figure that since I’m only a year away from the decade mark, I can’t stop now. I hope you will continue this journey with me,